Availability: In Stock
Product Code: 10108430
Direction of Use
Fybogel Orange granules disperse readily to form a palatable drink in water. The contents of one sachet should be stirred into approximately 1/4 pint (150ml) of water and taken as quickly as possible, preferably after meals.
• Adults and children over 12 years - one sachet morning and evening.
• Children 12 years and under - to be taken only on medical advice. Half to one level 5ml spoonful; depending upon age and size, morning and evening. If there has been no bowel movement after 3 days of treatment, a doctor should be consulted again.
• Composed of buff coloured granules which form a suspension in water. Each sachet contains Ispaghula Husk BP 3500mg in a base containing citric acid, potassium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate, povidone and aspartame. The granules are coloured and flavoured using beta-carotene and orange flavouring. Fybogel Orange is gluten free and contains no mono- or disaccharides. Fybogel Orange is low in sodium and potassium, containing approximately 0.4mmol sodium and 0.7mmol potassium per sachet.
Fybogel Orange is contraindicated in cases of intestinal obstruction, faecal impaction and colonic atony such as senile megacolon. Because of its aspartame content, Fybogel Orange should not be given to patients with phenylketonuria.
Precautions and warnings
• Fybogel Orange should not be taken in the dry form.
• May be used in pregnancy and lactation, since the ispaghula husk is not absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.
• Flatulence and bloating may be experienced during the first few days of treatment, but diminish during continued treatment.
• In the event of overdosage, conservative measures should be taken. The patient may notice abdominal discomfort and flatulence. Attention should be paid to maintaining an adequate fluid intake, particularly if the granules have been taken without water, contrary to the administration instructions.
• Store below 30 degree celcius in a dry place.