Availability: In Stock
Product Code: 10386860
New Morning Organic Leatherwood Honey is a premium gourmet honey. Our honey captures the essence of leatherwood tree nectar in the protected Tarkine Wilderness, Tasmania, the only place in the world where Leatherwood honey is produced. Tarkine Wilderness, a pristine temperate rainforest, boasts with the world’s cleanest air and one of the last untouched wildernesses of the modern world.
New Morning Organic Leatherwood Honey is a 100% pure mono-floral honey. Our honey employs a cold extraction process which ensures all natural goodness of the honey is retained. It possesses potent antibacterial properties and is rich in enzymes, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to promote energy and healing.
We are committed to providing a quality product and ensure a safe wholesome food delivered to your table. Our Organic Leatherwood Honey has won a number of Gold Medals in the Tasmanian Fine Foods Awards in 2005 and 2006. We were the first Australian honey producer to implement a stringent, industry-initiated quality assurance program in accordance with Australian and New Zealand food safety requirements – BQUAL and HACCP certified.
New Morning Organic Leatherwood Honey has a bold presence, creating a distinct flavor profile when eating, baking or drinking.
A teaspoon of Leatherwood honey on the onset of gastric ailments seems to shorten and in some cases end the gastro inflicted by communicably acquired infection or ingestion of bacteria.
Leatherwood honey has naturally high antibacterial activity. The antibacterial activity helps to clear and heal infected wounds when apply on skin.
Besides, honey as a saturated solution of sugar and has osmotic (water withdrawing) properties. Water molecules strongly react with the sugars in honey leaving little water available for microorganisms. The bacteria that cause infection are unable to survive in honey become dehydrated and eventually die off.
Cough & Cold Remedy
Leatherwood honey, hot water and lemon used as a gargle and a drink at the onset of a sore throat can ease and cure the throat, and in some cases reduce the onset of a respiratory infection. Leatherwood honey has been shown to control persistent night cough.
Cure for Excessive Alcohol intake
Leatherwood honey has traditionally been a cure for too much festive cheer. It is surmised that the rich vitamin B and minerals naturally occurring in Leatherwood honey aid in replacing that which alcohol is known to displace. The liver is able to utilize the honey quicker to reduce the hang over.
Rich in Antioxidant
Polyphenols in foods are powerful antioxidants and they play an important role in human health to scavenge free radicals and prevent degenerative diseases. The most important classes of antioxidant polyphenols are the flavonoids and phenolic acid. Based on the research by Bruce R D’Arcy (RIRDC Publication No 05/040 Project No. UQ-102A) reported that Leatherwood honey not only contains flavonoids, but rich in many phenolic acids. Therefore, Leatherwood honey is a powerful antioxidant.
The Uniqueness of New Morning Organic Leatherwood Honey
New Morning Organic Leatherwood Honey is a premium gourmet honey that captures the essence of Leatherwood tree nectar in the protected Tarkine Wilderness – the only place in the world where Leatherwood honey is produced.
• Environment – New Morning Organic Leatherwood Honey is produced and being sourced from the pristine rainforest of Tarkine wilderness, one of the world’s cleanest air and water area, means the honey stands out as a truly 100% natural and pure honey
• Mono-Floral – New Morning Organic Leatherwood honey is a mono-floral honey, contains only Leatherwood honey. It does not blend with other floral honey that may dilute the honey’s purity.
• Cold Extraction – We employs cold extraction process which ensures all natural goodness of the honey, i.e. vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and enzymes, are retained to promote energy and general well-being.
• Organic Accreditation – Successfully attaining Organic accreditation with the Organic Food Chain and USDA No. 0498
• Halal Accreditation – Accredited with Halal Certification Authority in Australia (HCAA)
• Quality Assurance – BQUAL quality assurance certified and HACCP accredited
• Distinctive taste and aroma – High commendation at the World Honey Show. Won numerous medals at the Tasmanian Fine Food Awards in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
New Morning Organic Leatherwood Honey can be used for a verity of purposes: as a spread on toast, over cornflakes, in coffee or tea, dissolve in water as a sports drink or as an ingredient in recipes as it not only sweetens but adds a fantastic flavour to cakes or muffins. Generally, it can be used anywhere but for a much more exciting flavour!